INKspire is a non-profit organization that strives to empower youth voices by providing a curated web platform where young people can share their ideas and perspectives on various relevant and contemporary issues across Canada and around the world.
Do you know what makes a story worth sharing? Do you believe in inspiring and educating through written articles?
INKspire is looking for passionate, well-informed youth editors to work with our editorial team. Reporting to the lead editor, the editor will moderate and edit submissions posted to our site.
- Work closely with editorial team to provide revisions and feedback to our writers and guest contributors by providing edits on grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Evaluate suitability of articles for publication and recommend changes in content, style, and organization
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong command of the English language with exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of INKspire
- Strong passion for and experience in journalism, writing and publishing
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Efficient time management skills
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours / week
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 3-4 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule