Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager, Medical Devices Reprocessing, you will be responsible for the processing, decontamination and sterilization of hospital supplies.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Central Services Certificate from an accredited Community College
- Sound knowledge of the principles of decontamination, processing, sterilization and sterile storage and distribution
- MDRD competency test will be conducted, passing score of 80% required
- Demonstrates Medical/surgical product knowledge
- Demonstrates good customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to make quick assessments to establish timely priorities in a very fast paced department
- Demonstrates excellent English reading, writing, speaking and comprehension skills
- Experience in functioning within a team concept with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Knowledge of Operating Room instruments and principles of processing
- Experience in scope processing
- Experience in Case Carts system
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.