Who can apply? Persons legally eligible to work in Canada.
The results of this process will be used to staff future positions with similar qualifications and various tenures including term, acting, assignment and indeterminate.
Be an informed applicant, read How to Apply .
Why We Want You:
You are passionate about learning and even more so about creating learning experiences for others in a variety of ways but especially on-line. You get your energy from visualizing and developing learning material in an engaging yet practical way. As an experienced advisor to your clients, you know how to bring their vision of learning to life using state of the art technology. You are always on top of the latest and greatest learning tools and you thrive in a fast past environment.
As a key member of the Human Resources learning team, you’ll work directly with our Learning Specialists and our internal clients to develop adult learning multimedia products for CNSC employees, such as online learning modules for inspector training, new employee orientation and other products to help our employees reach their professional learning goals. You will also be working with the recruitment team to create cool and innovative products that support recruitment, onboarding and career development. Imagine, direct involvement in producing and editing films and audio/video content used for both teams, learning and recruitment.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? Then come work with us!
You must have these essential qualifications:Education:
College diploma with specialization in video, film or digital media production or a combination of education and relevant experience for the work performed.
Bilingual with proficiency at the BBB level. If you are unsure, we encourage you to self-assess
- Client consultation regarding the development of multimedia products.
- Developing multimedia products such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suites (Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition).
- Conceptualizing, production and delivery of video and audio content using a variety of platforms.
- Post production editing of video and audio production within established timeframes and budgets.
- Developing scripts, storyboards, graphic design elements and video production with user experience and client engagement principles.
- Setting up, manipulating and tearing down cameras, audio recorders, lighting and microphones as well as calibrating and maintaining equipment.
- Adult learning principles and their application in learning and development.
- Multimedia and eLearning products and eLearning industry trends.
- Government of Canada communications and web accessibility standards and policies, such as closed captioning and accessibility requirement for video.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Business acumen
- Client orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical thinking
For more information on these technical competencies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following "Key Behavioural Competencies" define the behaviours expected of all CNSC employees. These competencies serve as the basis for the selection, performance management, development and recognition of CNSC employees and will form part of the evaluation of this process.
- Live it - Model the CNSC values
- Own it - Be Accountable & Achieve Results
- Build it - Collaborate Effectively with Others
- Learn it - Commit to your Professional Growth & Personal Leadership
For more information on CNSC’s Key Behavioural Competencies go to the following link: http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca/eng/about-us/careers-at-cnsc/key-behavioral-competencies.cfm
- Experience in eLearning software such as Articulate 360.
- Experience in evaluating training and/or learning products.
- University degree.
All CNSC staff are subject to the Mobility Directive.
Sound Interesting? Apply Today!:
Submit the following 2 items by the closing date for our initial screening of candidates.
If successfully screened in, you’ll be invited to submit a digital portfolio of your work samples.
1. We want to see your creativity at work! Please submit a compelling 2-page covering letter. Your letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the experience qualifications.
2. We want to read your resume! Please include your contact information so we can reach you
To expedite the recruitment process, you are also encouraged to provide:
1. A scanned copy of your transcript, diploma, or certificate as proof of education.
2. A scanned copy of your SLE results.
Please visit our How to Prepare page for more information and helpful tips.
Human resources coordinator
Team Lead, Resourcing
Experiencing issues applying? Please contact email@example.com