Job Title: Morden City P & D
Reports to: Dispatch
The Peddle / City P & D driver is responsible for completing delivery of freight (temperature controlled or dry) from home terminal to surrounding communities. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service. Complete all paperwork as required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regional trips that encompass the area from home terminal to surrounding communities
- Safely operate and perform routine pre & post trip inspections.
- Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
- Cooperate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service
- Loading and unloading a variety of heated, dry and refrigerated freight
- Perform other duties as required to support the terminal and the Gardewine team
- Supports all Safety & Health initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1 or AZ driver’s License with air brake endorsement in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities. Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision. Employees must commit to perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work policies, practices and procedures.
For More Information Call 1-800-282-8000
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- truck driver: 1 year (Preferred)