CMM Operator/Quality inspector
JGW Machine Limited is one of Ontario's leading metal fabricators, manufacturing a wide variety of metal components for customers across Ontario and worldwide. Our clean, modern, highly automated 106,000 square foot facility is strategically located in South Western Ontario. At JGW Machine Limited our capabilities include engineering and design, machining, tooling and complete quality control. Process capabilities include laser welding, CNC machining, production welding, metal spinning, powder coat painting, finishing and assembly services. We ship metal components, weldments, and full assemblies globally. JGW Machine Limited has a tradition of quality metal fabricated products at competitive prices. We specialize in short run, tight tolerance metal forming, fabrication, welding and assembly.
The job responsibilities would be as follows:
- CMM experience (Mitutoyo) – operation, manual and programming, part inspection program creation know-how, GD&T utilization / application as it relates to CMM inspection, Maintain on-going calibration of CMM between outside certifications
- Excellent understanding / application of geometric dimensioning & tolerances
- Practical application / knowledge of FAI/PPAP / First offs / in-process / Last offs / receiving inspections / layouts / documentation – manual and CMM.
- Knowledge / practical application of Non–Conformance root cause analysis, corrective / preventive action – External, Internal & Supplier
- Knowledge / practical application of typical / standard inspections instruments / tools
- Able to read and understand blueprints / drawings
- Able to do inspections or assist production as it relates to quality wherever required.
- Assist production with new hires in training for measuring parts and visual detection
- Train, as applicable, other approved personnel with respect to running existing or newly created CMM programs
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures and is accountable for the health and safety of employees under his supervision by; making sure that employees work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures and providing adequate training for employees in specific work tasks to help reduce or eliminate the risk of workplace injuries;
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards and in compliance with JGW Code of Business Conduct and in accordance with the JGW Confidentiality Policy.
- In addition to a quality background should have practical application as it relates to welding, machining, fabrication.
- Knowledge / practical application of inspection tool calibration
- Basic computers skills, practical use of Microsoft suite of products
- Knowledge / background of ISO9001 Quality System
- Ability to perform and set up machines in area assigned to;
- Ability to complete tasks in team environment;
- Capable of measuring the dimensions of part/product to print;
- Ability to read prints;
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in team environment;
- Knowledge of metal materials.
- Self starter, reliable, detail oriented, team oriented, able to multitask, excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Capable of working with minimum to no Supervision;
- Requires hands on, result orientated individual who has proven ability to train and motivate shop floor personnel;
- May be required to lift products 30 pounds or less;
- May be required to stand for prolonged periods of time;
- May be required to perform a wide range of movements, including bending, crawling, crouching and kneeling;
- Occasional exposure to hot conditions in warm months.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Technical program through college or university an asset;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations;
This position is located in Princeton, Ontario, which is 25 minutes from Kitchener/Cambridge and 10 minutes from Brantford.
Candidates who are interested in becoming a part of our dynamic team environment are invited to forward their resume. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Please visit our website for more information www.jgwmachine.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have reliable transportation to Princeton, ON?
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Metal fabrication: 1 year (preferred)
- Quality: 1 year (preferred)
- Machinery: 1 year (preferred)