Sports Connect Canada is a Not for Profit association based out of London Ontario. We are focused on creating youth inclusion through the engagement of sport. We are using physical activities to promote inclusion between youth refugee and immigrants to those youth already living in the community.
Sports Connect Canada seeks to create and promote multicultural acceptance at a young age through the use of sport. We strive to create an environment and community that anyone can be part of regardless of background and or economic situation.
Our not for profit youth organization, has an exciting opportunity for new members to join the Board of Directors and help shape the future of society. We provide engaging high-quality programs, and supportive resources for children, youth, parents and caregivers.
Our hope is that you have previous board experience, however, we will certainly consider your application, if you have a combination of skills and qualities that fit with the culture of our organization and the existing skill set of our Board. Sitting board members are happy to mentor and support new members to learn about their role. If you excel at building and maintaining relationships, work well in a group setting and have a passion for supporting families, this opportunity is for you! Sports Connect Canada members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for a maximum of six consecutive years. Both board meetings and committee meetings meet monthly.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong business acumen and a passion for improving the lives of children, youth and families
- Sports Minded and youth experience is a strong asset
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, child & youth sector, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Reviewing and approving Sports Connect Canada policies, funding agreements, annual budget, audit reports; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving on one or more committees (finance, communications & fundraising and board policy & development) and taking on special assignments
If you are eager to share your knowledge, experience and expertise to assist in supporting local families, please email by February 29th, 2020. Thank you for your interest in applying to join the Board of Directors and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
***Include cover letter with resume.
- Casual dress
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer, Casual
- Not For Profit: 1 year (Preferred)