WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
- Experience picking orders in a high-volume fulfilment environment.
- Demonstrate a good sense of urgency.
- Good personal discipline with positive attitude. A flexible approach/open to change. Enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team.
- Hungry for knowledge and want to increase personal skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA
and grow personally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and comfortable in being on your feet for most of your shift.
- Willing to learn and work with material handling equipment and handheld IT equipment.
- I handle goods (unload, transport, restock, pick, load etc.) utilizing the material handling equipment.
- I work proactively to maintain the safety and security of work areas for customers and colleagues,
and I am conscious of safety at all times in our store.
- I maintain a clean, organized work area and keep tools/equipment in good conditions.
- I adhere to inventory control procedures in order to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- I am always available to help and support colleagues in my own department and in other areas of
the store when needed.
- I report discrepancies according to routines and guidelines (for example in-delivery control, loading
quality, missing goods etc.).
- I report damages or any other discrepancies on articles (inventory, internal transaction, back flow).
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
As an international furniture retailer, we are well established in Canada with 14 beautiful stores and 3 distribution centres. Co-workers career path covers a wide range of locations (both national and international) and fields (from retail to the entire supply chain) with endless possibilities to grow. We are proud of the latest launch of a more market competitive wage for logistics co-workers (starting $16.20!) with full- benefits after one year of service. A performance-based yearly bonus program is offered to all co-workers along with a 15% staff discount on all IKEA home furnishing products from day one. You will also be entitled to subsidized co-worker meals and uniforms.
At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together. We provide a wide range of training at different career stages. For example: our logistics co-workers will have trainings on our operating procedures, IT systems, forklifts, ergonomics, safety, merchandizing basics and a lot more.
This is just a snapshot of the benefits working at IKEA, there are a lot more and we encourage you to explore our website:
and/or ask questions when you are connecting with us.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Where others see home furnishing products, we see smart solutions to create a better everyday life. With a great deal of passion, imagination and brainstorming we turn colours, textiles and furniture into inspiring environments that excite, engage and convince IKEA visitors that they can do it too!
- Living our values
- Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
- A passion for home furnishing
- Performing & delivering while learning & developing
- Having fun!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE US
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers. At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together. Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as:
Goods Flow Co-Worker
This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.