Flochem Ltd. is an industry leader in chemical distribution. Our experience, employees and innovation, provide value-added chemical solutions. We are currently seeking a Team Lead to manage our dynamic Warehouse operation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assign, prioritize and supervise work duties in order to meet order schedules.
- Provide daily leadership and hands-on support for the department.
- Requisition material and goods to support daily operations.
- Prepare products for shipment according to Flochem and client instructions, including blending, packaging/labelling, weighing, and documenting paperwork.
- Coordinate the testing of products and ensure retention samples are taken, as required.
- Coordinate shipping & receiving of products – perform problem solving/route cause analysis when problems or errors occur.
- Ship material in and out of warehouse, process bill of ladings and – check computer system for orders and inventory.
- Perform cycle counts as required to verify inventory.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
- Coordinate the disposal and destruction of expired or rejected materials.
- Operate forklift to transport incoming and outgoing product – may also use boom lift.
- Assist in the selection, training, and motivation of warehouse personnel.
- Execute continuous improvement initiatives, work within legislation relative to health, safety and the environment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2–3 years related Warehouse supervisory experience; within the chemical industry an asset but not required.
- Grade 12 Education; or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Forklift certification.
- Must be proficient with email and have a working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and any assigned shift as required as well as on-call responsibilities as required.
- Must be willing and able to communicate suggestions for improvement on a regular basis.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Standing, bending, lifting is required for complete eight-hour shift
- Ability to process chemical products safely and use/wear PPE, handle and operate large machinery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Certification (Required)