We are looking for a Junior/Intermediate level teacher to join our learning support team in a part-time leading to full-time role. This is currently a work-from-home position, as we are delivering our services online, but will move to some days from home and some days at one of our locations in November. The health of our staff is of the utmost importance to us and every precaution will be taken to ensure a safe environment from which to teach when we return to the office. Teaching areas include reading, writing, and math. Please note that this is not an ESL or tutoring position. Weekday evenings and one weekend day is required.
Ruth Rumack’s Learning Space (RRLS) is a fast-growing educational support company for students from kindergarten to university, including those with learning exceptionalities.
We teach students in 1-to-1 and small group settings and design individualized lesson plans that help students achieve academic and lifelong success. Lessons are interactive, kinesthetic, and incorporate creative teaching methods not found in regular classrooms.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive paid training
- Ongoing professional development and opportunities for growth
- A warm, cohesive work culture with monthly social activities (currently online)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic team that makes a difference in the lives of students
- The starting full-time wage for this position is $3,467 per month, with an increase to $3,800 after six months.
WHAT WE NEED
- OCT certification or equivalent
- A fun, warm, and empathetic personality
- 2+ years experience teaching students with a variety of educational needs
- Excellent command of the English language
- Adaptable, flexible, and motivated attitude
- Able to teach math up to Grade 8
- Experience teaching Direct Instruction programs
- Knowledge of assistive technologies
- Special Education qualifications or experience
- Interest in developing curriculum and programs
- Please take some time to explore our company and the services we provide (www.ruthrumack.com).
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume as a PDF file
Contract length: 9 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: From $3,467.00 per month
- Paid time off
- Work from home
All staff members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and wear a mask while at the office. Teachers have their own teaching spaces with air purifiers and full sanitization between students.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19