A little bit about the role:
ORBCOMM Canada is looking for a part time (24-30 hours/week) Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for semi-monthly payroll for salaried and hourly employees in a project-based environment. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll ensure timely and accurate reporting of payroll data through ADP Pay@Work. You’ll also review/prepare journal entries and reconcile payroll general ledger accounts. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of researching issues, analyzing problems, and determining solutions in a time sensitive manner. You will handle difficult situations with grace, ensuring customers feel satisfied with the outcome. If you possess integrity, strong attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment we want to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Using ADP e-time, collect, review and post weekly employee timesheets
- Review semi-monthly payrolls in Canada & Hong Kong
- Ensure salaries, bonus, RSU’s, ESPP, other taxable benefits, and employee changes are processed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Review and prepare forms such as ROEs, income tax forms, and remittances (RRSP, WSIB, EHT, T4, etc.)
- Review, verify and approve deductions-at-source remittances and issue them to the government and insurance agencies in a prescribed timeline
- Review all payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with Corporate, Government, and External Auditor control requirements
- Reconcile payroll records to general ledger accounts (vacation accruals, overtime, source deductions, etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc, monthly, and annual reports
- Explore, research and implement best practices for pay policies to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Canadian Payroll Certification (PCP or CPM)
- 5+ years of solid experience with end-to-end payroll activities
- Strong comprehension of Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta payroll practices, methods, internal controls and accounting concepts
- Highly skilled in ADP Pay@Work
- Expert knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, audits, income tax forms, sick pay, group RRSP plans, RSU’s, and ESPPs
- Thorough knowledge of obligations under the ESA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to deal with all levels of the organization
- Experience in a high-tech environment and detailed knowledge of federal and provincial tax laws and regulations and compliance
A little bit about us:
ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a leading global provider of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions and operates the only commercial satellite network dedicated to M2M. ORBCOMM’s unique combination of global satellite, cellular and dual-mode network connectivity, hardware, web reporting applications and software is the M2M industry’s most complete service offering. Our solutions are designed to remotely track, monitor, and control fixed and mobile assets in core vertical markets including transportation and distribution, heavy equipment, industrial fixed assets, oil and gas, maritime and government.
We are the largest satellite M2M player in the world; The industry standard for satellite M2M communications; The most versatile single source for satellite, cellular and dual-mode offerings; The innovative leader in M2M technologies; The M2M industry’s largest, most diverse technical team.
With nearly 20 years of innovation and expertise in M2M, ORBCOMM has more than 1.2 million subscribers with a diverse customer base including premier OEMs such as Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., John Deere, Komatsu Ltd., and Volvo Construction Equipment, as well as end-to-end solutions customers such as Walmart, C&S Wholesale, Canadian National Railways, CR England, Hub Group, J.B. Hunt, Marten Transport, Swift Transportation, Target, Tropicana, and Tyson Foods. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Payroll: 5 years (Required)