Contract Opportunity Part-Time
Days & hours of work – to be determined
ABOUT BROADMEAD CARE
Broadmead Care is a vibrant non-profit health care provider in beautiful Victoria, BC with a reputation for high quality, innovation and leading practices. We are funded by Island Health, Veterans Affairs Canada, BC Housing, and philanthropy to provide a range of services including Long Term Care and adult day programs for Veterans and seniors, and Specialized Long Term Care for adults with disabilities.
The staff and volunteers at Broadmead Care share a common Purpose: to build communities where every person can experience wellbeing and happiness. Our commitment is to provide compassionate care that opens the door for extraordinary relationships to flourish that help residents experience a sense of belonging, respect and acceptance and to enjoy life.
The Spiritual Coordinator provides comprehensive spiritual care and emotional support to residents, families and staff in a manner that is appropriate to belief systems and cultural diversity. Act as a liaison during crisis intervention and participate in organizations ethics discussions/review as required. Assists in linking to appropriate faith communities.
Varied responsibilities that include:
· Leads memorial gatherings monthly
· Oversees the activities of spiritual visitors and ensures adherence to Broadmead Care policies
· Maintains spiritual care standards established by the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation
· Participates in continuing educational opportunities to enhance professionalism and update knowledge and quality of Spiritual Care Services
· Liaise with Ministerial Associations, clergy, parishes and other faith groups, community agencies and serves as a resource to ensure commitment and representation from the community
· A graduate of an accredited college or university and an approved Theological School or Seminary, or equivalent.
· Satisfactory completion of four units of accredited supervised spiritual education or equivalent.
· Experience with volunteer coordination
· Experience in long term care or hospital ministry preferred
· Proven administrative experience
· Supervisory experience
· Endorsement by the applicant’s faith group
· valid Criminal Records Check for vulnerable adults and children completed by the Criminal Record Review Program;
To express your interest in this CONTRACT opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by response to this advertisement by December 3, 2020. Subject line in email should read: 2020-146 Spiritual Coordinator Contract. For questions related to the position please contact Melanie Hennig, Vice President, Care & Community Programs at 250-658-3288. To learn more about Broadmead Care and for a detailed job description please visit our website at www.broadmeadcare.com.
Reference ID: 2020-146
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- volunteer coordination: 1 year (Required)
- long term care: 1 year (Required)
- Theological School or Seminary (Required)