You will be responsible for executing the daily production requirements within your assigned manufacturing departments. In addition, you will implement and execute a continuous improvement culture with the goal of increasing throughput and reducing operating cost while ensuring compliance with all EH&S policies and procedures. You will:
- Supervise the administration and delegation of work for staff within applicable departments according to their skill and experience
- Implement a lean/continuous improvement culture that drives out waste while improving Safety, Quality & Delivery.
- Promote and ensure the highest safety standards as outlined in our EH&S policies and procedures
- Promote and maintain good employee relations with open communication
- Communicate and ensure alignment to achieve department KPIs and objectives
- Create an environment that follows 5S principles
To be successful, you possess the following competencies:
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to assess, develop and lead “high performing” teams that are focused on execution and meeting financial, operational & people objectives.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and background in ETO, ATO, MTO and MTS manufacturing methods in a high variety/low volume job shop environment
- Strong lean and ISO 9001 knowledge and experience in implementing a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability in leading and championing a safe workplace
- High energy, personal accountability and execution mindset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and ERP
- A related trade certification would be a definite asset
Who We Are:
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that was founded in 1988 with three small, entrepreneurial manufacturing companies, we’re proud to say that we now call 40 diverse businesses around the world part of the IDEX family. With 7,000 employees and manufacturing operations in more than 20 countries, IDEX is a high-performing, global $2+ billion company committed to making trusted solutions that improve lives. For more information, visit www.idexcorp.com.
The Material Processing Technologies (MPT) group within IDEX is comprised of the Quadro Engineering (www.quadro.com), Fitzpatrick (www.fitzmill.com), Microfluidics (www.microfluidicscorp.com) and Matcon (www.matconibc.com) businesses. These businesses are leading brands within Pharmaceutical, Food, Cosmetic, Personal Care and Chemical markets where they engineer and manufacture technologically superior equipment for material processing (solid, semi-solid and liquid).
Significant investments in capital, new positions and development of existing people are being made at the Waterloo, Ontario site which houses the headquarters (all functions) for Quadro Engineering, The Fitzpatrick Company and operations for Microfluidics.
A competitive wage is only a part of your overall compensation package. We provide our employees with a number of additional benefits. We offer a range of group benefits including extended healthcare (vision, prescription drugs, etc.), dental, life and dependent life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance. We also provide our employees with exciting career development opportunities within a global company, an annual bonus plan and a company matching RRSP program.
If you are an enthusiastic team player interested in developing your skills and working with a dedicated, quality-focused company, we invite you to apply to be a part of our outstanding team.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- production supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)