Here's what you'll be doing....
Positions are available at all store locations, on the St. George, Mississauga, and Scarborough campuses – you are applying for a position at the Scarborough campus (UTSC)
We are looking for energetic, outgoing customer service staff who will help us deliver an excellent customer experience. We are planning to hire approximately 100 people across all our store locations for our busy back-to-school RUSH and have a variety of positions available including Floor Staff, Cashiers, and Web Orders Staff from August to late September. Available shifts will range from 12 to 35 hours per week – including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Key Responsibilities include:
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Greeting and interacting with customers both in person and online
- Helping students find their course books, school supplies and other merchandise
- Picking merchandise for web orders
- Answering questions, ensuring customers have the information they need
- Operating a point-of-sale (POS) terminal, confidently handling all forms of payment
- Unpacking boxes, stocking shelves, and merchandising products
About our Team:
- Thoroughly enjoy interacting with people and helping them find what they are looking for
- Hardworking, energetic, positive outlook
- Thrive in a busy environment, comfortable with learning and working in a fast paced work space
- Dependable - arrive on time for all shifts
- Previous Customer Service experience is an asset
- Able to lift heavy boxes – up to 15 kg
- Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
The University of Toronto Bookstore is an inclusive, dynamic and engaging workplace with a great team atmosphere. We are proud to support the U of T community with physical stores on all three campuses, as well an extensive online shop. Our product offering includes course materials, U of T-branded clothing, school supplies, general interest books and more.
To learn more about us, please visit uoftbookstore.com or follow us on Instagram @uoftbookstores.
About University of Toronto Press:
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. We have published over 6,500 books and each year we publish approximately 200 new scholarly, course, and general interest books in both print and ebook and more than 40 Journals. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honored and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
When uploading your resume, please include your availability for August and September.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.