JUMO is a leading system and solution provider in industrial sensor and automation technology. Components for the measuring ranges temperature, liquid analysis, pressure, level, flow, and humidity, as well as products for registration, monitoring, control, and automation, are used to create complete systems for a wide range of industries. If you would like to find out more about us please visit www.jumo.ca
As a Bilingual Technical Sales Representative is responsible for proactively expanding the JUMO brand within the existing customer’s base and with new prospects in your assigned sales territory. You will be challenged to develop a thorough understanding of your assigned territory, existing customers, and industries as well as JUMO product offerings and solutions. Meeting or exceeding annual sales and profit margin goals, and working towards all customers being repeat customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine appropriate application for company's products
- Develop and present proposals for specific customer applications and requirements; respond to requests for industry and application-specific solutions
- Collaborate with company to fully determine and understand customer requirements and to provide technical sales support for company's products and services
- Increase market share in the assigned territory through an efficient sales process and increased market coverage
- Perform and achieve all essential duties and responsibilities while working from locations both proximate and remote from home office
- Travel within assigned territory (50%) as well as other possible periodic domestic and international travels for meetings and training as required.
- Attend annual or other periodic product training classes, seminars, or meetings
- Travel to trade shows as requested for on-going product training
- Partner with other sales personnel as necessary to develop and maintain new and existing clients and to address and resolve customer service requests
- Other duties directly related to the position as directed by the company
To successfully perform the duties of Technical Sales Representative, an individual must be able to perform each Essential duty & responsibility satisfactorily. The succeeding requirements represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
- All candidates must currently reside within 50 kilometers of Montreal, Quebec to be considered
- Ability to operate independently and remotely
- Must have minimum 2-3 years of in-depth technical knowledge, automation experience preferred
- Proven ability to close sales and reach sales targets
- Outside sales experience
- Strong presentation, negotiation and networking skills
- Analytical and structured thinking with a creative ability to work toward targets and identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Excellent problem solving skills with the aptitude to identify and recommend appropriate solutions for customer needs
- Ability to understand customer and market requirements
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Note etc.)
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license
Engineering Education with 2–3 years experience in B2B sales or equivalent combination of education and experience is a strong asset.
The position requires a high degree of communication skill, including the ability to communicate fluently in English and French.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person