Business Development Associate
Quality, Innovation and Service are the three words which best describe Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs). With head office situated in Ancaster, Ontario, we provide services in over 90 countries and have several strategically positioned facilities that support global markets. Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987 and is one of Canada’s premier service laboratories supporting a vast array of clients. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs provides analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Associate in the Mineral Exploration Industry, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to join an established company. At Activation laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs), we are committed to rewarding and retaining people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
Full Time Contract
- Minimum of 2 years of business development experience in the mineral exploration industry
- Diploma or university degree in a related business discipline i.e. geology or chemistry
- Dynamic, proactive and creative with strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and basic understanding of the technical steps involved in development and testing in the mineral exploration industry
- Problem solver and provide suggestions and actions on the next plausible step
- Ability to create clear and concise work plans and presentations for both large- and small-scale projects
- Possess strong computer skills i.e. MS office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English French is an asset
- Quality driven and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to network
- Customer focused and high performer
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and unsupervised
- Travel in Ontario and Quebec
- Strong work ethic and ability to work outside normal business hours when required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
The following responsibilities may include some or all of the following or any other tasks assigned directly or indirectly by the Business Development Coordinator.
- Develop new business services to the mineral exploration industry and grow the division
- Evaluate and develop strategic best practices in response to bids
- Prepare, edit and execute customized quotations, proposals, and contracts that meet client needs and specifications
- Update and review prospects with division management
- Help validate customer requests with order set up.
- Create monthly reports on progress achieved include summaries/stats of client or lead interactions/visits, trade shows, quotes generated, quotes accepted, customer commendations or complaints, upcoming/expected projects for the next month; other notable items)
- Exhibit at trade shows and attend industry relevant networking events
- Visit and maintain contact with current and past customers in the mineral exploration industry to generate new sales
- Manage customer expectations regarding service delivery
- Identify, evaluate and procure profitable technologies and services in collaboration with Business Development Coordinator
- Research companies doing work in your market areas
- Work with the person who designs/develops marketing media
- Market Intelligence – identify target markets, target services, source of customers to identify preferred marketing channels
- Liaise with Business Development Coordinator to identify underutilized resources and increase sales, communicate expected projects to Business Development Coordinator so the division can prepare the necessary resources
Actlabs offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume along with the position title in the subject line via e-mail.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal background check. Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion – Innovative Technologies
Dedicated to Supporting our Clients
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Business Development in the Mineral Exploration Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)