Based in the progressive Guildford area of Surrey, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) serves over 4,000 real estate professionals who live and work in the BC communities of North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, and Mission. We are a long standing, fiscally sound organization that relies on our Information Technology team to build and power the solutions of tomorrow that help reinvent the real estate industry. With a long tradition of technological innovation and marking its 100-year anniversary in 2021, the FVREB is looking to augment its technology team with an exceptionally motivated Team Lead, Member Applications with previous real estate experience, sufficient exposure to most of the technologies we currently use, and ready to bring themselves quickly up to speed on the few ones that may require a tad more experience.
Under new leadership and with a renewed focus and vision for the future, our Technology team is in the process of reinventing itself. We are small enough to be nimble and bold, yet large enough to be able to make a difference. We move fast, sometimes with the flow, sometimes against it, but more often than not we chart our own path. We foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, we dream big, we imagine the future, and then we make it happen. Because we can. Most of us wear many hats and our job descriptions don’t always fall into traditional IT roles, but that’s what makes it interesting, challenging, and fun. After all, it is what drew us to this wonderful world of IT in the first place, isn’t it? We all like to test our limits and keep pushing them further and further. Your job too, if you’re up for it, will cross the boundaries of several IT roles. Are you excited already? Then come join us!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Right now, we are looking for a highly technical, self-starter Team Lead, Member Applications to assume ownership of and help rebuild the Help Desk function, improve overall member experience, and take full ownership of the complete suite of member facing applications. A critical component of our Digital Transformation, you will play a key role in redesigning our Realtor® members interaction with the Help Desk function and the full suite of member facing technology solutions offered by the FVREB.
After spending years working your way up in customer centric environments, including some time in real estate, gaining exposure to an MLS® platform and other real estate centric tools and applications, and developing a deep understanding of ITIL principles, you are a true believer in customer service and finally ready for the challenge of technical leadership in a highly demanding customer-oriented environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Working closely with the Director of IT, reimagine and continuously improve the Help Desk function and our members experience as it pertains to their interaction with the full suite of technology solutions offered by the FVREB.
- Provide technical leadership and training to FVREB’s Help Desk staff; assume full ownership of the Help Desk function.
- Serve as escalation point for all member related technical issues.
- Serve as vendor / partner / third party escalation point for all supported member applications.
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of FVREB’s MLS platform and work collaboratively with the MLS team and MLS software vendor to deploy, upgrade, support, and roadmap our MLS journey.
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of all member-facing technology solutions supported by the FVREB.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of IT and other departments to continually evaluate potential new platforms that would enhance FVREB’s members experience.
What’s in It for You:
- A competitive annual salary – contingent on demonstrated exposure and experience.
- Signing Bonus
- Full benefits package, group insurance, paid vacation, and extensive paid holiday time; Group Pension Plan.
- Great office space with modernization plans in the works; flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
- A great team with a renewed focus on continuous professional development and career progression.
- The ability to grow with an organization that promises growth and self-actualization and MORE.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Previous real estate experience highly desirable.
- Senior level (Tier 3) Help Desk / Service Desk / Technical Support experience; preference for previous experience at Team Lead level.
- Good understanding of ITIL principles; ITIL 4 certification(s) highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of technology, particularly as it pertains to real estate.
- Good understanding of RETS and RESO Web API standards.
- Previous experience and excellent understanding of ticketing systems (Zendesk, JIRA, ServiceNow, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to keep learning; commitment to continuous professional development; relentless desire for betterment.
- Ability to work independently and within teams, self-motivated.
- Self starter.
Please apply TODAY by submitting your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
1. To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
2. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
3. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role but wish to let you know that we will only be contacting applicants that are aligned with our requirements.
Reference ID: IT.AUG21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- ITIL Certification (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19