Sterling Ford Sales is seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to join our dynamic growing team. This is a full-time position with 40 hours per week. This individual will be responsible for accurate and timely billing and collections, as well as providing support to the department by working with the Controller and other accounting team members to ensure the timely completion of month-end closing.
- Processing incoming payments.
- Reconciling daily cash flow.
- Preparing cheques, bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconciling accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verifying discrepancies and resolving clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitating payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients(collections).
- Office supply inventory management
- General office duties such as data entry, filing, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in accounting
- Some general accounting knowledge and experience with the posting of journal entries and accounts payable invoices.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and solid negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as required
- Effective team player.
- Bilingual (French & English preferred)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00-$44,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person