Personal Fitness Coach Job Description
- When you join our team as a Personal Fitness Coach, your role is to make a difference and guide clients on their journey to reach their personal fitness goals.
- You'll be part of a team that prides itself on creating a comfortable and safe space for people to make the differences they want in their life, such as losing weight or getting stronger.
- You'll coach clients one-on-one and in small group settings.
- You'll create individualized fitness plans, and tailor group workouts to each person’s physical abilities.
- In addition to coaching clients, your role is to provide world-class customer service. Engage with clients promptly upon their arrival, and answer questions about equipment, products, services we offer, general health questions and more.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology or related field preferred
- Personal training or group training certification required
- Must have current, valid CPR and First Aid certifications
- 2+ years' experience in personal training or group fitness instruction
- Ability to perform exercises and movements as demonstrations for clients
- Sales experience a plus
- Provide No-Sweat intro sessions for new prospective clients.
- Discuss wants, needs, goals, abilities, physical condition and overall health in order to provide a personalized prescription for exercise and nutrition.
- Create personalized fitness plans that assist clients in reaching their fitness goals while remaining suitable to their current physical abilities.
- Create group workouts, and adjust exercises to meet individual needs.
- Teach clients on the proper techniques for all exercises, especially when using more complicated equipment, to minimize the risk of injury.
- Lead clients 1-1 in-person, online, and in small groups through various workouts that you have designed.
- Record, edit, and upload your own exercise explanation videos for online training clients.
- Monitor client results by providing regular fitness assessments, and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased or decreased fitness levels.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules to reduce the chance of any accidents and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
- Inform clients on other healthy lifestyle changes to complement their fitness goals, such as a healthier diet or not smoking.
- Perform emergency first aid when needed, including treating minor injuries with bandages or wrapping and administering ice.
- Clean and maintain all fitness equipment so that it is ready for clients to use at any time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)