The Emerging Technologies Architect is a key member of the PHSA Technical Services Emerging Technologies Services. The primary focus of this team is to drive improvements to PHSA Technical Services staff and services that better align us with the shifts in technology and its delivery. This includes helping drive decisions on which technologies to use, how to implement them, as well as ways to improve them. Emerging Technologies is not an isolated team, through the use of virtual groups it is a collection of our best and brightest individuals who can be brought together in order solve our toughest technology challenges.
Some of the current group key deliverables include Microsoft Azure Services and O365 enablement. Improvements to the on premise Microsoft backend platforms including Identity Management, AD/ADFS, SQL, Server OS and Management for hybrid cloud deployments.
The Emerging Technologies Services team offers four core services. The first three, Industry Technology Trends, Continual Technology Improvement and New Technology Review are internally facing and the fourth is both internal and external. These four services outline the group’s core deliverables and all resourcing is allocated against them.
What you’ll do:
- Microsoft Azure Services and O365 enablement in a secure manner
- Fully leverage the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement including AD/ADFS, Exchange, Skype, SQL, Server and management platform to support hybrid cloud deployments.
- Automation, scripting to improvement in delivery of technical services to support goal of Operations Excellence
- Practical innovation, including transformation of your research into innovative service offerings for our clients.
- Read and reflect intensively on a wide range of business and technology sources, collect “signals” of emerging trends, and “connect the dots” to suggest potentially important trends that merit further study.
- Write high-quality research reports/articles targeted at an executive audience based on insights and findings from research and analysis.
- Drive the adoption of emerging technologies and business opportunities across PHSA and Health Care.
- Promote technical innovation and service opportunities to business partners and clients.
- Ability to drive cross-functional / virtual teams to consensus based on strong communication and influencing skills.
- Maintain a watch-list of emerging technologies and business opportunities.
- Deliver small to enterprise scale projects and services into production using an iterative/pilot based approach.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional and virtual teams to support Operational Excellence within PHSA Technical Services.
What you bring:
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related. A minimum of five years’ of recent related experience in a large, complex organization including experience with at least three IT disciplines from a enterprise deployment of Microsoft AD/ADFS, Exchange, SQL, System Center, Network and other management platforms.
- Implementation experience in Microsoft Azure Services and O365.
- Hybrid cloud Identity Management experience
- Coordinating People: acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
- Leading Change: striving for personal mastery; leading with vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
- Achieving Results: conceptualizing, demonstrating accountability.
- Open to new ideas; eager to learn. Excellent understanding of key trends and issues in information technology and consumer technology markets. Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for innovative work.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills. Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to structure an extended written argument.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to estimate financial impact of technical architecture alternatives. Strong technical analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do:
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 091924E
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- large: 5 years (Preferred)