At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our people—individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer staff. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the seventh consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Service Desk Analyst provides IT related assistance to all University of Manitoba faculty, staff, retirees and students. The incumbent is responsible for providing excellent customer technical service that is courteous and responsive in a client facing environment. The individual will work with IST customers providing guidance, advice, and documentation to troubleshoot or resolve IT related problems. The position will be required to schedule audiovisual booking requests.
The Qualifications and Experience we’re looking for:
- Two-year community college diploma with related certificates in an IT discipline, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with related certificates in an IT discipline, is preferred.
- ITIL Foundations certificate preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience working on a Help Desk or Service Desk in an academic or administrative environment is required.
- Must have experience using an ITSM tool to record and manage incidents and service requests.
- Experience working with an ACD phone system is preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Competitive vacation time.
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Access to the university’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up payments.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, where you will find the full job specifications for the three positions:
*Applicants must apply for all three requisitions if they would like to be considered for each.
Closing Date: June 14, 2019
Applications will only be accepted if you directly apply online at UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact U of M's Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator, Valerie Williams at 204-474-8371.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Type: Full-time