Homestarts is non-profit organization providing services to approximately 100 housing co-operatives and non-profit housing organizations throughout Ontario. Our staffing team of close to 170 dedicated professionals works hard to deliver the management, maintenance, restoration and development services our clients need.
We are currently recruiting a Coordinator, Member Services to work at more then one housing co-operatives in Oshawa. This is a full-time position in Oshawa: 37.5 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work related to board and membership meetings may be required. A reliable vehicle is mandatory for this position. We are looking for an individual with:
- A solid work ethic and a commitment to collaboration and consultation;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with groups;
- Good verbal & written communication skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication;
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle stress in a busy environment;
- The ability to work independently and to work as a team member;
- A working knowledge of standard computer software and internet use;
- An understanding of the importance of safe, secure and affordable housing
- An understanding of democratic, community-based organizations where members are involved in the organizational decision-making process
- We will view positively applicants who have experience with:
- Co-op and or non-profit housing operations;
- Housing management/administration/marketing;
- Rent-geared-to-subsidy program administration;
- NewViews,Yardi, HMWorx and / or other property management software.
- Group health & dental benefits after 3 months (all employer-paid except for long term disability premium)
- Employer-paid RRSP contribution after 12 months
- Vacation pay (6%) is based on 3 weeks per year to start, increasing each year
Note: A satisfactory police check is a condition of employment
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
PLEASE NOTE JOB #453 IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE
PLEASE NOTE " CO-OP Coordinator Oshawa" in your subject line.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Oshawa, ON (Preferred)