Origin House (CSE: OH) (OTCQX: ORHOF) is a growing cannabis products and brands company operating across key markets in the U.S. and Canada, with a strategic focus on becoming a preeminent global house of cannabis brands.
Working at Origin House provides a unique opportunity to help shape the emerging and exciting cannabis industry. As more jurisdictions across North America move towards complete cannabis legalization, entrepreneurs and investors alike are looking for opportunities to support and build companies in the cannabis space. Origin House offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of the innovation within this industry, and to get meaningfully involved at a relatively early stage. To find out more, visit us at www.originhouse.com.
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Origin House is looking to add some much needed support to our in-house creative group. Origin House Studio handles a rare blend of creative marketing projects. Unlike most companies in the rapidly evolving Canadian cannabis industry, OH is not a licensed grow operation. We’re a publicly-traded company that develops, nurtures and supports brands in mature legal cannabis markets – primarily in California, but elsewhere as well. What that means for the team at Origin House Studio is the opportunity to work on fully realized consumer brands that are competing in the world’s largest and most influential marketplace. We work on every aspect of our brands – from logos to packaging, from point-of-sale displays to social media campaigns, from apparel to PowerPoint decks.
We’re growing fast (really fast) and our creative group needs to add some energetic, adaptable and competent junior designers to work with our senior creatives in the final production of initiated projects, to support our core corporate brand needs, and to contribute concepts and ideas to new endeavors. Our work spans print, digital and social media.
The Studio team is highly collaborative and needs to be able to change tasks often, as we juggle many internal and external clients. Our company as a whole is young, vibrant, driven, caring and responsible. Our business is built on trust, and our work environment fully reflects this.
- Need to be able to work closely with senior art directors to execute items across a variety of different brands, each with their own distinct guidelines
- Must have strong production skills in the core Adobe design products – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign – as well Microsoft’s less fun Word and PowerPoint tools, and the ability to pick up new production tools quickly
- Must be able to generate creative concepts, logos, infographics, page layouts – that meet a creative brief
- Who can demonstrate a competence in writing decent marketing copy – whether that be through experience or education, or both – will be noticed
- With an understanding of social media and cloud-based web platforms such as WordPress will score bonus points
- Don’t need to be cannabis aficionados
- We would like to see a diploma in graphic design or a related field. While we are open to being impressed by someone’s work who can’t show such an education, we’re not easy to impress.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, plus Word and PowerPoint (skills in other tools will be noted and valued appropriately).
- The ability to develop creative concepts that meet described objectives. In other words, can you follow a brief? The best demonstration of this is existing work with explanations of the business goals of the project. If the candidate is a recent graduate, a discussion of portfolio pieces will be involved.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment, managing multiple tasks with varying priorities, while remaining calm and organized. This is harder than it sounds.
- The ability to communicate clearly in written and oral English.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however only those whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We do not accept unsolicited résumés from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services at this time.
Origin House is an equal opportunity employer and committed to delivering accessibility for all persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time