Delta Water Products is an industry leader in the water industry and one of the fastest growing companies in our province. Our BC locations include Kamloops, West Kelowna, Chilliwack, and Duncan. We also have branches in Medicine Hat and Taber, Alberta and a new location opening soon in Saskatchewan!
We handle multiple segments in the water industry, with wholesale pumps and motors being one of our core businesses. Delta Water Products represents the leading brands in the Pump and Motor industry including Franklin Electric, Goulds/Xylem, Pentair Berkeley, and DAB. Due to our expanded footprint and product offerings, we are looking to add a full-time outside Technical Pump Sales position. This person would be required to travel throughout the interior of British Columbia to find new pump sales business, support current customers, and develop outside sales routes for Delta across the province.
Territory: Central British Columbia (West to Hope)
Kamloops BC, however, the candidate could also reside in the Okanagan.
This person will work with our inside pump sales team and provide ongoing outside sales support and territory coverage. Duties and responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- Find new business within BC’s vast group of pump contractors and various industry use of product.
- Extensive travel throughout much of BC’s pump industry.
- Create a database of new and existing customers for potential business calls.
- Create an effective travel schedule to cover the areas.
- Conduct cold calls and create appointments with new and existing business contacts.
- Assist customers via phone and in person.
- Maintain records of customer calls.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle.
- Class 5 license is required.
- Ideally would have a solid knowledge set of pumps and water systems.
- Strong preference to someone with a skilled trades ticket (plumber, electrician, millwright) who understands pumps.
- Must be able to troubleshoot a wide variety of topics.
- Must be able to set up travel routes, provide scheduled sales call reports, and develop a market with minimal assistance.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, office and excel.
- Effective road warrior skills for territory coverage and sales calls
- Professional demeanor yet outgoing and friendly
- Safety conscious and detail oriented
Anyone with a background in plumbing, electrical or pump and water systems including agriculture, mining, municipal or septic would be a highly sought after candidate.
What We Offer as An Employer
At Delta, we provide a healthy and happy work environment for our employees. We offer comparable wages and an employee benefit package which includes both medical and dental coverage. We promote a team atmosphere with a supportive and engaged management group. This could be your career in everything water where opportunities for advancement exist for those with leadership qualities. If you like a fast-paced work environment, are well organized, enjoy travel and meeting new people, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time