Machine Learning and Signal Processing Specialist
We are looking for a full-time Machine Learning and Signal Processing Specialist as early as September 2023. With AAVAA, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team building a unique listening device that allows everyone to hear what they want by processing their surrounding sounds based on input from their brain and biosignals. Our goal is to give people control of their auditory environment, enhance the sounds they want to hear, and suppress distracting noise. In addition to solving one of the biggest challenges of human health, you will get:
- A generous salary, benefits, and vacation program
- A safe, healthy, and inclusive work environment
- Healthy snacks, frequent celebrations, endless tea and latte, social outings, and more!
We are looking for problem solver engineers and scientists who have a collaborative and meticulous spirit. Applicants of all levels are welcome, including Senior Leads, Engineers, and Postdoctoral Candidates residing in Canada. AAVAA is a Montreal start-up dedicated to increasing diversity in technology; therefore, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please see below for requested areas of experience.
- Machine learning (e.g., DNN, CNN, RNN, GAN, LSTM and SVM, KNN, Naive Bayes.)
- Deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit)
- Advanced digital signal processing
- Advanced acoustics including techniques such as sound source separation, speech enhancement, noise reduction and cancellation, etc.
- High-level programming skills in Python, Matlab, C, C++, Java, etc.
- Fourier transforms, discrete signals, and filter design
- Time series data analysis
- Statistical methods such as Bayesian statistics and statistical inference
- Experience in biosignal analysis
- Feature engineering and dimensionality reduction
- Knowledge of using cloud platforms
Above and beyond:
- 7+ years in artificial intelligence and related fields
- Brain-computer interface and neuroscience
- Experience with firmware development of ARM based 32 bit microcontrollers
- Ability to lead a highly multidisciplinary team and execute goals