Position Type: Part-time, contract, 15 hours/week
Employment period: December 2021 – March 31, 2022
Salary: $18.00 hour + mileage
Job Area: Nepean
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Program Coordinator – Good Food Box Program will coordinate, deliver, and report on Nepean Rideau Osgoode Community Resource Centre’s (NROCRC) program. This includes, but is not limited to the Good Food Box program coordination and cooking sessions (virtual) for vulnerable individuals, seniors, and families. The Program Coordinator will work with NROCRC’s multidisciplinary team to identify and outreach to families/individuals that require food support. The successful applicant must have their “G” license and access to a vehicle to do food deliveries within NROCRC’s catchment.
The successful candidate must commit to work within NROCRC’s model of Community Development. This position will be a mix of in-person and remote work. The successful candidate must be available to attend in-office when required.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify, conduct outreach, and establish connections to families, individuals and seniors requiring food support
· Plan, coordinate, facilitate virtual cooking classes
· Provide local information and referrals, as necessary
· Perform administrative duties related to the program - attendance, database entries, and statistical requirements
· Liaises with other program staff at NROCRC
· Participate in program and organization meetings as required
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality
· Must be able to work independently in a social setting
· Work in a way that promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork
· Respect and value the diversity of communities and individuals
· Promote awareness of and participation in NROCRC’s programs and activities
· Maintain accurate program statistics and complete relevant reports as required
· Diploma in social services or relevant professional experience
· Proficient on digital platforms including, but not limited to Zoom and Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability in program planning
· Current knowledge of community resources
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Sensitivity to people of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· English is essential. Ability to speak additional languages is highly desirable
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
· Level 2 Police Record Check is required
Posting will remain open until filled with interviews planned for December 17, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Due to the high volumes of interested applicants, we will not be able to receive phone calls asking for more information on available positions.
NROCRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse work team representative of the community we serve.
NROCRC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contract length: 3.5 months
Application deadline: 2021-12-17
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $18.00 per hour
NROCRC is following Ottawa Public Health and Ontario Health COVID-19 guidelines.