Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian feed! New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H), has an opportunity for a detail-oriented, team player to bring their skills and experience to a fast-paced environment in the role of Production Person based in Denfield, Ontario.
Make a Difference
This position gives you the ability to play a key role in Canada’s dynamic feed industry while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
New-Life Mills is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing, supporting Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. Part of a family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
We are seeking highly skilled individuals who will play a key role in efficiently and effectively manufacturing high quality finished feed products in our 24-hour, 7-day facilities. You are part of a manufacturing team who work on a rotating master schedule, promoting work-life balance. The successful candidates will be able to work effectively both independently and within a team, which will allow production to capitalize on efficiencies promoting throughput to meet customer requirements. You will work collaboratively with the Plant Leadership team to ensure continuous operation at our state-of-the-art feed manufacturing facilities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for mixing feed and producing feed pellets
- Responsible for shipping and receiving duties
- Must be able to work rotating shifts that include days/afternoons and nights.
- Operate computerized batching system and pellet processing equipment.
- Be able to lift / handle 25 kg to 40 kg in a safe manner
- Be able to read digital readouts with extreme accuracy
- Maintain and file records accurately
- Understand quality control practices and procedures
- Have a focus on the housekeeping and cleanliness of the facility
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Abide by all safety rules and company policies, including completion of all required safety training.
- Able to load and unload trucks, including operation of a forklift.
- Must be able to perform other related assigned duties including following HACCP and GMP regulations.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma
- Experience working in a production or manufacturing setting,
- Experience working in a feed mill or agricultural related business would be considered an asset.
- Possession of an AZ license would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines, and achieve targets in a team environment
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited, is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, New-Life Mills is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from men, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com or www.newlifemills.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent