Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to deliver the ultimate health experience and to relentlessly improve care through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is currently spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital.
Reporting to the Director, Governance & Finance, working closely with the Database Administrator, the Gift Processing Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of complex duties associated with the gift processing function, to include, but not limited to, processing donations and donor information into Raiser’s Edge, production of gift and tax receipts, handling donor inquiries, assisting with month end reconciliations and providing administrative support.
- Efficient, accurate, timely data entry of donations and donor related information into Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare and process credit card donations.
- Process tribute gifts.
- Prepare bank deposits for cheques and cash donations.
- Receive donations via phone.
- Perform general tasks as required for month end reconciliation including but not limited to: adjustments, importing online gifts, etc.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Respond to donors’ inquiries and requests regarding donations.
- Follow and maintain policies, procedures, processes, workflows and methodologies.
- Provide back-up administrative support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum college and/or university degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of data entry/gift processing experience.
- Experience working in a healthcare or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Strong numeracy skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Aptitude for computers and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Basic accounting knowledge an asset.
- Be a team player who is also self-motivated and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Able to maintain and work with a high volume of confidential information.
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Excellent phone etiquette and effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.