Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
A Carpenter at the Granite Club is responsible for constructing, installing, and repairing such items as wood trim, millwork, chairs, tables, storeroom partitions, shelving, and other comparable tasks. The Carpenter is also responsible for skilled cabinetry work using close fittings, joining and fine finishing. If you are a skilled professional looking for a rewording team-oriented environment, join the Club!
- All woodworking - including repairs to wood trim, tables, chairs, cabinets, stairs, shelving, wooden floors, ramps and elevations, office furniture, and duties akin.
- Work with Operations Manager to coordinate building repairs in the absence of our Painter.
- Design furniture and equipment; determine dimensions, prepare detailed drawings, determine appropriate materials and quantity required.
- Build, finish and install furniture and equipment, and if needed; including appropriate ergonomic set up.
- Perform carpentry repairs including flooring, windowsills, passage sets and door locks, closers, damaged furniture, etc.
- Perform or coordinate repairs to furniture and wall upholstery.
- Maintain woodworking shop; perform regular routine inspections and maintenance, replace/repair parts and or arrange for external repair service as required. As well as ordering and controlling stock of material and hardware for Facilities department.
- Assist building operators, maintenance workers, Plumber, and the Ice and Grounds Section with their duties as required.
- Communicate project timelines and work order status’, inform key players immediately of updates, reasons for delays etc.
- Three years of community college or a carpentry apprenticeship or 5 years of work experience required.
- Must be able to operate wood working power and hand tools, read complete drawings, and have acquired skills in cabinetry work requiring close fittings, skillful joining and fine finishing.
- Upholstering experience preferred
- Effective communication skills with ability to read, write and understand English
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment. The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.