2 Park Drive, Stouffville, ON L4A 4K1
Public Services Assistant, CUPE
Whitchurch-Stouffville Public Library
Part Time, Temporary (contract up to 1 year)
February 12, 2019
February 28, 2019
Number of Positions:
10-16 hours per week
$23.64-$26.73 per hour
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Service Delivery, the Public Service Assistant is responsible for
the provision of customer service, reader advisory, and information services in accordance with library
objectives. Additional responsibilities include circulation service duties and assisting in the maintenance
of the physical appearance, safety, and security of the library. This position is required to take every
reasonable precaution in the circumstances for the protection of the health and safety of the worker.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma and current Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- 18 – 24 months related experience in serving the public.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Good knowledge of computers and related software.
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent communication, customer service, problem-solving, and inter-personal skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and maintain a positive professional attitude while under
- Ability to lift, bend, and push heavy carts of library materials.
- This position is required to take every reasonable precaution in the circumstances for the
protection of the health and safety of the worker.
How to apply:
- Fluency in another language an asset
Please forward your resume in confidence by February 28, 2019 at 4:30 p.m., identifying #WSPL-2020-
025-IE in the subject line to email@example.com
Please ensure your application is saved in one single document in PDF format.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment:
Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity
employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s
important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and
celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require
accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inspiring Curiosity, Engaging the Community, Sharing Knowledge!