Kids U is a growing Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute with multiple locations in Calgary, AB that continues to set the standard for excellence. Our quality child care, preschool and kindergarten programs build strong brains for life. Through natural light filled spacious rooms and learning materials, we offer an innovative and welcoming environment that is captivating and stimulating for both adults and children.
We are looking for teachers that have strong interpersonal skills and find joy in working with children and adults. They are committed to learning and teaching in emergent, project-based ways while open collaboration fosters a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. O
Kids U is passionate about moving practice forward through strong professional development, and as such, provides regular, in-house professional development courses in Education programs and practices.
We are currently hiring for the position of On Call/Substitute Teacher in Calgary, AB.
Essential duties and responsibilities in Reggio-inspired environment include the following but are not limited to:
- Encourage children through role modeling and guidance to respect themselves and others
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and encourage children to enrich their everyday experiences using the environment as the third teacher
- Collaborate with classroom teams for planning and implementation of weekly lesson plans
- Ensure that classroom practices meet Alberta Childcare Licensing and Accreditation Standards
- Provide an educational, caring and safe environment
- Utilize effective communication and strong organizational skills
- Assist children with self-care (ie. dressing/diapering)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Montessori environment include the following but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Be accountable for the delivery of a authentic Montessori program.
- Plan open ended activities with an emphasis on process orientation and developmentally appropriate curriculum with age-appropriate and individualized activities
- Supervise the classroom, helping the children to think creatively, to solve problems independently and respect themselves and others.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Guide children in self-motivated learning, helping stimulate their natural desire to learn.
- Be responsible for ensuring a educational, caring and safe environment for the children.
- Be responsible for reporting challenges, successes and competencies of each student to the Director or to parents on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift a min. of 40 lbs especially when working with infants and toddlers
- At least one year experience working with children
- Early Childhood Certification or related field; Reggio-inspired or Montessori experience an asset
- Alberta Childcare Certification (Assistant) or higher
- Current first aid certificate (may be obtained upon hire)
- Criminal record Check/vulnerable sector check, within past 6 months (may be obtained upon hire)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year
- Childcare: 1 year
Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, a beautiful on site playground and are located near various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for addition grants and subsidies. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!
Kids U is following all Alberta Health Protocols to ensure the health and safety of our children and employees.
Kids U is an equal opportunity workplace and we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We believe that a strong focus and commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make early childhood education an enabler for wide-reaching change. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual