JOB POSTING #890615
2 Staff Pharmacist, General Internal Medicine and Neurology
Toronto Western Hospital
Pharmacy Clinical Site Leader
37.5 hours per week; variable shifts
$42.23 to $52.79 per hour
Temporary Full-Time – 12 Months
The PHARMACIST provides comprehensive pharmacy services to patients admitted to Toronto Western Hospital. As a member of the patient care team, the principal responsibilities include: conducting best possible medication history (BPMH) interviews, performing medication reconciliation, review all doctors’ medication orders for appropriateness; identify, resolve and prevent drug therapy problems with the patient and health care team; monitor drug therapy for effectiveness, toxicity and adherence to evidence based medicine/guidelines; follow-up on medication incidents and promote safe medication practices on the unit; respond to drug information questions; patient education; facilitate discharge reconciliation; provide direct and/or functional supervision of technician staff. In addition, you will facilitate and support clinical teaching and research activities within the department, while exemplifying UHN’s values of patient needs come first, safety, compassion, teamwork, integrity, and stewardship.
- Possess a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent required.
- Certificate of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada required.
- Active registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A) required.
- Hospital pharmacy practice experience with patient-centered care experience is a requirement.
- Hospital Pharmacy residency an asset.
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and/or other professional societies an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
December 23, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.