The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life is a volunteer run event that brings the community together to celebrate survivors, honour those we’ve lost and commit to raising funds to fight all types of cancer. Every year, the enthusiasm and support from passionate participants means we can continue to make the most impact, against the most cancers across the country. With nearly 1 in 2 Canadians expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, we all have a reason to take action.
What is Involved: You will work with the Event Chairs and other committee leads to recruit new participants and re-engage past participants.
The Participant Recruitment & Retention Volunteer Lead will focus on the following areas:
- Responsible for recruiting new people to participate in the event
- Responsible for re-engaging past participants to participate in the event
Time Commitment: January 2020 – June 2020. Event takes place June 12, 2020.
What you bring to this position:
- Connected in the community
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
- Have Fun!
Job Type: Volunteer