DO YOU WANT TO WORK WITH TEAMS THAT ARE PROUD TO BE WORLD LEADERS IN THE DESIGN OF WATERCRAFTS? DO YOU WANT TO HELP FEED THE PASSION OF WATER SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS?
Pelican International is looking for a strategic buyer to join our production team. We need YOU to ensure the satisfaction of our many customers. Kayaks have never been as popular as they are today!
If you join our team, you will have the chance to benefit from
- A competitive salary progression and compensation;
- A complete group insurance plan including a telemedicine service;
- Corporate discounts on our products. Yes, yes, kayaks at low prices!
- Free access to an on-site gym;
- Cafeteria service offering complete meals;
- Easy access by public transportation;
- Social activities (Christmas party, annual BBQ, golf tournament, Pelican product trial day, etc.);
Navigate to your next challenge and come realize your full potential with us!
Your daily life, as fluid as a kayak on the water!
Under the supervision of the VP supply chain, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Understand the specific category, its cost structure, its suppliers;
- Develop and execute the category strategy taking into account important aspects such as, but not limited to:
- Total acquisition cost;
- Risk management;
- Projects, time to market;
- Define key indicators to monitor the achievement of the strategy, review compliance and improve efficiency;
- Prepare, facilitate and summarize cost reduction initiatives;
- Forecast of prices and market trends;
- Recommend approval of new projects to management.
Manage suppliers and sourcing for different categories
- Recommend the qualification of suppliers and management of the list of approved suppliers;
- Call for tenders and negotiation with selected suppliers;
- Manage the supplier base, including all related aspects of supplier quality, performance management and business relationships;
- Initiate, monitor and participate in the supplier improvement program;
To shine in your new job, it's good that you have
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in the supply chain with a focus on strategic purchasing;
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, preferably in supply chain management; engineering or related;
- APICS certification, CPIM an asset; Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with an ERP system (eg: SAP);
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
If you have the following qualities, you are the person we are looking for!
- Has a strong drive to identify, execute and achieve cost savings;
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and ensure work is completed on time;
- Experience in negotiation, contract creation and review, analysis, project management, mold development, supplier rationalization, supplier improvement and multi-site management;
- Proven ability to adapt, manage and implement change in a rapidly changing environment;
- Must be motivated and able to work without detailed instructions;
- Strong aptitude for teamwork; Possesses intercultural skills and a proven ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as with suppliers located in different countries.
What it means to work at Pelican International
Pelican is a name that resonates strongly in the watersports industry. It's associated with three things: exceptional quality, innovation and craftsmanship - and we're proud of it. As a world leader, we have become the largest and most comprehensive designer and manufacturer of kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, SUPs, fishing boats and related accessories. Our team is made up of pioneers and visionaries, who have been continually pushing our company further in terms of ideas and development for over 50 years. Our offer has changed greatly in the last few years thanks to the acquisition of Confluence Outdoor from Advanced Elements and GSI outdoors, three American companies respectively specialized in the design of high-end watercrafts, inflatable watercrafts and camping equipment. The company now has more than 1000 employees working in four manufacturing facilities strategically located in North America.