Whether your passion is taking care of people, information or projects, our dedication to families and higher learning offers an opportunity to put your talents to good use.
CST is a growing organization that is continuously looking for qualified and skilled individuals to join our efforts to advocate, develop, deliver and support solutions that will enable every Canadian resident to have sufficient financial resources to pursue post-secondary education.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury & Cash Operations with dotted line responsibilities to the Manager,
Investment, the Investment Finance Analyst is responsible for the day to day activities of a newly
launched Plan. This position is responsible for recording transactions, perform daily and monthly cash
reconciliations, and prepare financial statements. Other functions will include the escalation and
resolution of operational issues as well as completing sundry duties and special projects as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
Below are examples of some of the things you can take advantage of from this opportunity:
- Be a part of an exciting innovative new product!
- Work with a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun team/work environment
- Competitive compensation/total rewards package
- Above industry standard benefits that starts on your first day (no waiting period); 100%
- Annual performance bonus program
- Education reimbursement program (for approved courses)
- Great vacation package, plus additional personal days, study days, volunteer days, 10 paid sick
- Wellness Program (Ex. Gym membership, Health & Fitness Representative, and Masseuse on-
- Employees Recognition Program
- Organization & team celebration events (ex. Summer BBQs, Team Spirit Days, Holidays…)
- Employee Assistance Program and much more!!!
- Complete daily and monthly bank reconciliations, utilizing GTreasury, and ensuring reconciling
items are identified and cleared in a timely manner
- Monitor, verify and maintain all bank balances on a daily basis, analyzing bank account activities
daily to ensure accuracy of entries and follow-up on any discrepancies, errors and/or omissions
- Perform all daily banking activities, such as closing the daily deposit reconciliation, issuing
transfer out payments, issuing wire payments, stop payments and exception reporting
- Complete daily settlement between RBroker and RFunds with follow-up on any discrepancies,
errors and/or omissions
- Coordinate daily fund flows with the external asset manager and custodian
- Prepare journal entries to post cash movements in RFunds AUI
- Prepare and complete monthly fee transfers between Bright Plan and C.S.T. Spark Inc.
Plan Accounting & Financial Statements
- Review of daily NAVs and transaction activity reports from RBCIS
- Perform required investment and other monthly entries to Oracle Financials
- Consolidation of the pool accounts and balance uploads in Oracle Financials
- Maintain and update the general ledger chart of accounts for the Plan as needed
- Prepare monthly financial statements and semiannual statutory financial statements including
- Completion of monthly reconciliations
- Preparation of analysis, schedules and other reports as required
- Provide information, walkthroughs and explanations to external audit staff as required
Other Functions & Responsibilities
- Documentation and revision of existing processes and procedures
- Process improvements, automation and analytical reviews
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years Investment Finance Analyst (or related) experience
- Have investment fund industry experience (asset)
- Have CPA or in-progress of completion (asset)
- Post-secondary education in business administration or accounting/finance
- Knowledge of investment products and/or investment fund accounting
- Excellent accounting and reconciliation skills
- Highly analytical, detailed oriented, and able to analyze large complex data sets
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to solve problems and make improvements to processes, spreadsheets, controls and
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, Look-ups and Modelling
- Experience with Oracle financials or other accounting software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great people and relationship building skills; team player; confident dealing with all levels
(junior to executive)
To apply please email your resume to:
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Proactive, takes initiative, and has great ability to-multi task
- Self-motivated, innovative and solutions-oriented
- Personable, energetic, positive with “can-do” attitude!
- On your email subject line please insert: Investment Finance Analyst (CST Spark)
Thank you for your interest in this job opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. We will consider your resume for other opportunities as they arise.