OODA Rocket is an online lead generation and content marketing company based in Montreal.
We work with clients who are in the business of helping - other people and the world at large. Our client businesses span different industries - from personal development, health care and wellness to lawyers and custom homebuilders that give back to their communities.
Established in 2015 we are currently looking to expand our team to include top notch professionals that will continue to deliver the high quality of work for which we are known.
More information about us can be found at: oodarocket.com
Chief Operating Officer or Creative Director
As this position will be required to meet some clients in person, we are looking for local Montreal candidates only.
Also, given that we are based in Montreal, bilingual capabilities are a must. You must be able to fluently write and converse in both French and English, and able to manage French speaking content producers.
In this role, you need:
- strong visual communication and ideas
- the ability to lead and mentor associate art directors
- to be a good cross department collaborator
- strong time management skills
- to be able to delegate tasks to a creative team, freelancers, etc,
- to participate in brainstorming sessions
- strong presentation skills: be able to articulate ideas and stories, and ideation/concepting
We are looking for a Web Design Director who will be responsible for creating great websites for our clients as well as support our own company website as needed.
The role will start on an adhoc project-by-project basis. However, if we experience success in a number of projects working with you, this role may evolve into a part-time and potentially full-time role.
Primary duties include conceptualising and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients' branding.
You will be working closely with our web development and graphic design teams to ensure a proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills, superior user interface design skills, and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Successful candidates will:
- be experienced in building custom websites on Wordpress, as well as have experience using standard themes such as Divi and Thrive Themes.
- have an attractive portfolio that they share during their application via url
- be detail and deadline oriented
- take ownership of projects – from design to implementation
> Conceptualising creative and original website design ideas with clients, that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex subject matters.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and transform them into clean, beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs
> Executing all visual design stages from concept to implementation.
- Design visual imagery for client websites and ensure that they are in line with their branding
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction, design ideas, design plans and website structure
- Establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Designing individual website pages including colours and fonts
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers, executive level stakeholders and clients
- Manage web developers to ensure polished delivery of final product
- Test and improve the design of the website
- Maintain the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards
> Incorporating functionalities and features into websites
> Working with different content management systems
> Team management
- Participate in the sourcing and hiring of skilled graphic designers and web developers
- Train graphic design and web developer team members
- Delegate projects and monitor progress against assigned tasks
- Ensure timeliness of delivery and quality control prior to presentation to senior level executives and the client.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* BA/BS degree
* Proven work experience as a web designer
* Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
* Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices. You are a problem solver with everything you develop to improve a website’s experience and drive action
* Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in the UI community
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Job Type: Contract
- web design: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)