Senior Director, Collections Strategy
Based in our Montreal Griffintown location, Sr. Director Collections Strategy will be responsible for leading the execution of collections strategy and overall operational team’s performance including call center and administration. The candidate will lead a team of ~30 members. The role will also ensure operational goals / metrics are achieved or exceeded and that all Collection activity is conducted in compliance with applicable provincial laws. In addition, they will establish and communicate collections vision, strategy while improving processes and motiving their team to achieve critical goals.
- Develop future vision and strategy / roadmap.
- Develop KPIs, benchmarks and align incentive plans to organizational goals
- Evaluate existing Collections technology and design optimization and/or new technology roadmap
- Lead development, testing and rollout of Collections early stage and late stage segmentation strategies including review and design of outsourcing strategies.
- Negotiate effectively with external collection agency securing improved performance and reduced costs.
- Support business development and due diligence efforts as needed. Lead and drive Collections strategy development for new partnerships, new products and system conversions.
- Optimize strategies across multiple contact strategies including digital, phone and mail channels.
- Design and execute strategy for complex, regulatory sensitive loss mitigation treatment programs (e.g., re-age, forbearance, settlements, deferrals, consumer credit proposals).
- Actively manage and monitor a portfolio of net charge-off reduction initiatives, including closely tracking performance and providing regular updates to senior management and to other stakeholders.
- Review delinquent/charge-off accounts and provide feedback to credit risk and operations on trends seen and gaps in acquisition strategies.
- Enhance and improve off balance sheet recovery strategies including debt sale and other recovery opportunities.
- Manage operational costs within agreed budget with specific focus on optimizing cost to collect and underlying returns of operational center.
- Work closely with Client, Operations, Finance and Credit leaders to ensure strategies support both business and client objectives, while maintaining a straightforward, standardized, enterprise-wide decision structure.
- Ensure robust governance, processes and controls are in place and team is “audit ready”.
- Lead support for frequent regulatory exams, audits and reviews including reviewing and approving deliverables and interacting with examiners / auditors / reviewers.
- Improve customer experience and reduce Collections complaints.
- Provide reporting and facilitate strategic planning sessions to improve process flow, cycle time, customer service and operational results.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of collections operational experience
- Master's degree (Business administration or quantitative field-Finance, Math, Stats).
- Collections strategy experience in consumer lending (ideally credit card or non-prime) industry.
- Dialer experience
- Call center leadership experience
- Experience as a manager of managers.
- Strong relationship building, communication and influencing skills; must be able to communicate with and influence executives.
- Knowledge or exposure to process design and engineering analysis and collections strategies.
- Familiarity with provincial rules and regulations related to collection activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear thinking and decision-making
- Possess strong influencing and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources
- Ability to lead and develop employees
Brain Finance is a leading financial technology company that offers responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers by Marketplace Lending platform. We redefine access to credit with our revolutionary technology using machine learning and automation capabilities to provide better and simpler financial services to everyone. We have built a new generation of lending technology platform and have reinvented how credit decisions are made. The new AI is transforming multiple sectors and now is the time for us to bring this new predictive power into financial services.
- Competitive salary
- Fun and relaxed work environment
- Full health benefits - Medical
- Free healthy snacks and refreshments
- Advancement opportunities
- Great office location
Job Type: Full-time
- lead strategy and analytical project: 1 year (Preferred)
- debt collection: 3 years (Preferred)
- caall center leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lending: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Montréal, QC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)