Job title :
CLEANER – CRANBROOK, B.C.
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for casual Cleaners to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or a demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and experience on your resume....Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position performs housekeeping duties throughout the facility including:
Hours of work:
- Maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, and common areas;
- Cleans areas including floors, stairways, walls, windows and ceilings by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing and wet washing;
- Cleans and disinfects washrooms;
- Strips and makes beds;
- Picks up soiled laundry and linens;
- Cleans Nursing area and isolation rooms including washing of furniture;
- Cleans upholstered furniture and carpets by vacuuming, shampooing, and brushing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rotating days & evenings - 06:00 to 14:13, 07:30 to 15:43, 09:00 to 15:30, 08:30 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 10:30 to 18:30, 14:00 to 21:00, 13:47 to 23:30, 11:00 to 18:00, 15:00 to 23:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.