General Labourer / Crater
Selkirk Signs is committed to being an industry leading company that is self-propelled by empowered people, quality craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service. Over the next 10 years, it is our goal to dramatically increase our influence in the Canadian signage market. With this growth in mind, we are looking to add to our busy Production Team at our Fort Saskatchewan, AB production facility.
As we build towards our future, we want to hire staff who reflect our core values. We are looking for those who will push for bigger and better opportunities, explore new markets, thrive in a collaborative environment, are energetic, passionate and driven.
This position is suited for an individual who is eager to learn, enjoys working with their hands, and is comfortable around basic hand tools such as table, chop and radial arm saws, drills, staple guns, measuring tapes, etc.
We are looking for someone who is interested in:
- Becoming a valued member of our Production department
- Working as a team to accomplish goals
- Committing to creating a clean, safe and efficient work environment
- Committing to learning new skills and other roles within the production facility
- Assist with the loading of trucks
- Assist with stocking selves and other storage needs
- Keep yard neat and tidy
- Crate finished signs with extreme care
- Assembly of sign cabinets and frames
- Wire lights/power boxes, switches and power supplies for LED and florescent lighted signage
- Flex frames
- Understand and uphold Selkirk’s high standards of workmanship and customer service
- Ensure exceptional quality of work and product both during intake and release of the sign
- A strong attention to detail and a commitment to building an excellent product
- A working knowledge and ability to operate all shop powered and non-powered tools
- Skilled in measuring and cutting accurately
- Able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with strict timelines
- Capability of standing on feet for 8 hours per day and lifting moderate/heavy loads
- Concerned with the safety of themselves and of team members
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest in our company however, due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
To learn more about Selkirk Signs, check out our website @ www.selkirksigns.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per year