Westview Co-op is hiring a Marketing Coordinator at our location in Olds, Alberta.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our Communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our Brand to life, visit us at www.westviewco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
This position supports the development and implementation of successful marketing campaigns to boost store sales and consumer awareness of the Co-op Value Proposition. This would include overseeing a variety of initiatives and strategies in the following areas:
- Marketing (Strategic and Analytical)
- Brand and Design
- Community Events
- Donations and Sponsorships
- Internal and External Communication
- Monitor all social platforms and respond within a timely manner to build trust in the Co-op brand. The social media “voice” needs to support the growth and protection of our brand.
- Advertising and Promotions
- Market and Competitor Trends
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Administrative duties including claims and invoices
- Other projects and assignments as required
This position requires frequent travel across our trading area to attend community events and support locations as required.
Why it matters:
Our Team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
We are looking for a positive, approachable, and motivated individual with a drive to learn. Post-secondary Education (diploma or degree) in Business with a preference in Marketing and demonstrated ability in a successful marketing role with 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred. However, we welcome candidates with a combination of relevant experience and/or education. Candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of our Values (Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility, Community)
- World Class Guest experience skills
- Strong attention to detail as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Quality communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing development in the industry
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms
- Proficient with Graphic Design software (Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Drone license considered an asset
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Olds, AB T4H 1A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)