Reporting to the Director, Information Systems and Web Services, the Web Developer and Multimedia Specialist possesses strong technical, creative and communications skills with a focus on web-based interactive solutions, web development, audio, video and accessibility standards.The position will contribute to the strategic and innovative enhancement of CCSA’s web presence and assets.
CCSA complies with the accessibility standards set by the Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of CCSA’s websites and web-based interactive components including the development and modification of widgets, features and collaboration tools, etc.
- Responsible for creation, editing, publication of video and audio asset management.
- Support the technical development, implementation and management of webinars
- Lead accessibility standards (AODA) as it pertains to web and multimedia
- Update web content using CCSA’s content management system
- Provide technical development and implementation of CCSA's social media components
- Research new technologies to improve visibility and usability of CCSA’s web assets and social media initiatives
- Perform website testing and troubleshooting (e.g., browser, platform, accessibility)
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or diploma in web development, design, multimedia or related discipline
- 2-3 years of related work experience in web development, video and audio production and social media, preferably in a corporate setting
- Experience with technology and software necessary for video and audio manipulation. editing, storage, publication and other aspects of asset management
- knowledge of instructional design and eLearning products (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Moodle, Canvass)
- Understanding emerging trends and technologies in social media and online technologies
- Ability to debug layout and code across multiple standard browsers and technology stack.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web and mobile accessibility principles, techniques and guidelines, based on the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Proven experience in website layout, design and development, including mobile devices (responsive design)
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Focused on high quality well-developed interpersonal, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English and French
- Certification in project management
Job Type: Temporary
- English (Preferred)