Westland Insurance Group Ltd is growing and has a new opportunity for an Insurance Advisor - Trainee :in Gibsons, BC :at our Sunnycrest Mall :office. Do you have a passion for providing exceptional client service? If so, you will love working for Westland! We are looking for a career minded individual who is focused on growing their insurance industry knowledge and experience.
Named the 2018 Big Brokerage of the Year by Insurance Business Canada, Westland is one of the largest independent insurance brokers in Canada with over 1400 employees in more than 130 offices throughout BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. We have experienced rapid expansion in the past 5 years and are positioned to continue on this growth path.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
The Insurance Advisor is an integral part of a team and will be the first point of contact for clients.
The role will:
Here’s what you bring:
- Engage with clients to determine their needs and provide expert advice to ensure the best coverage for them
- Develop new business opportunities by securing expiry dates and cross selling
- Support clients in the claims process
- High School graduate
- Insurance Broker level 1 license and previous insurance experience preferred but not required as it is a trainee role
- A natural ability at building authentic client relationships and functioning as part of a team
- High level of motivation, excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job