Background on Sandbox:
Sandbox is a full-service, bilingual (English and French) production company specializing in video and animation for the non-profit, educational, and public sectors. Our work is geared towards building promotional and informative content – whether that be instructional modules for secondary and post-secondary students, or promotional pieces that highlight a range of organizational accomplishments – our philosophy is built around empowering others through visual means, and striking that perfect balance between narrative engagement and information retention. Check out our website here: http://www.sandboxinc.ca/.
Our ideal candidate:
Sandbox is looking for a writer/project coordinator, who is proficient in English and comes from a filmmaking background. This individual possesses strong research and communication skills, is a creative problem-solver, and understands the elements needed for a successful video shoot. This individual would assist Sandbox’s Project Manager and Content Lead with organizing live-action productions as well as submitting proposals to bid on projects. This would be a freelance/part-time position, based on project needs.
- Background in film, video, animation or media production
- Understanding of film production from a technical and aesthetic perspective
- Strong organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong creative and technical writing
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research, summary, and communication skills
- Driver’s License
- Fluency in French (familiarity of both Québécois and Parisian dialects)
- Experience writing pitches/proposals/grants for film/video/animation
- Experience with financial management, accounting (invoicing/taxes)
How to Apply:
When submitting, please provide 3 samples of relevant English writing (if available in French, include it as well). Include both informational and creative work. Please email your resume and samples to contact @ sandboxinc.ca.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30,000.00 to $36,000.00 /year
- Toronto, ON (Required)