Background on Sandbox:
Sandbox is a full-service multilingual media agency specializing in intelligent branded content. Our work is geared toward non-profit organizations, forward-thinking companies, academic institutions, and the public sector.
Our ideal candidate:
Sandbox is looking for a project coordinator/communications assistant with very strong communication skills (written and verbal), a problem-solving attitude, and who comes from a filmmaking background. This individual should have a strong grasp on high-quality video production from a technical and aesthetic perspective, in addition to understanding the elements needed for a successful film shoot. This individual would assist Sandbox’s Project Manager and Content Lead with coordinating and executing live-action productions, internal and external communication, administration, and other writing needs. This would be a freelance/part-time position, to potentially develop into full-time.
- Background in film, video, animation or media production & understanding of production from a technical and aesthetic perspective
- Communication skills: capacity to understand a client’s concerns, de-escalate problems, negotiate, and navigate different needs, including understanding Sandbox’s interests in the equation
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Detail-oriented: capacity to quality control video and animation products, including comparing products against requirements/notes, and flagging issues for management
- Writing skills: ability to summarize and edit copy
- Strong organization skills
- Strong research skills
- Driver’s License
- Fluency in French (familiarity of both Québécois and Parisian dialects)
- Experience with creative or proposal/grant writing
- Experience with financial management, accounting (invoicing/taxes)
How to Apply:
When submitting, please provide 3 samples of relevant English writing, such as communications materials (if available in French, include it as well). Please email your resume and samples to contact @ sandboxinc.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be selected for an interview and brief assessment.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Toronto, ON (Required)