Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible to maintain equipment in peak operating performance. The Maintenance Technician will carry out maintenance and repairs on machines and equipment as directed by the Maintenance Team. This position is hands on and suited to candidates that appreciate problem solving of technical challenges.
- _ Primary Responsibilities_*
- Minimize and prevent downtime for all production machines
- Ensure all processes are running within specified quality targets.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements within the production area are being adhered to. Act immediately and report any Health and Safety risk.
- Execute all levels of routine maintenance on production equipment in a highly automated SMT manufacturing facility, and keep up-to-date records and documentations of machine and assembly lines equipment
- Support the installation of new equipment
- Liaise with production supervisor to determine priorities if applicable.
- Be proficient in using machine shop equipment and in the use of hand, power, and measuring tools.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement and TPM initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Recent graduates of Engineering Technology/Technician programs
- Machine drawing and schematics comprehension.
- Requires broad understanding of electro-mechanical machine processes to ensure systems work correctly and must be able to resolve malfunctions.
- Must have reliable transportation and be available to overlap shifts
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Waterloo Region (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)