"People Moving Energy"
Branches Hiring: Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Grande Prairie Branch: Housing accommodations are available for out-of-town applicants!
- Signing Bonus
- Family Orientated
- Competitive Wages
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Great Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Multiple Shift Options
- Scheduled Days Off
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Steady, Reliable Work
- Safety-Focused Work Environment
- Equal Opportunities
- Housing Options Available
- Travel Program Available
- Rotation Camp Work Available
ABOUT PVT GROUP:
PVT is one of the largest privately owned energy service companies in Western Canada, serving a wide variety of oil and gas clients for nearly 20 years. PVT offers fluid, vac, and sand hauling services throughout Western Canada.
Our top-quality execution starts with our people. We take pride in having a team built on integrity and professionalism. The pride our team has coupled with industry leading expertise ensures the highest quality service for clients. The team’s strong work ethic guarantees consistent and effective solutions to satisfy customer needs and sets PVT apart from competitors.
A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:
At PVT Group, we focus very heavily on company culture. We feel in order to set up our employees and company for success, we need to promote and sustain a working environment that is professional and inclusive for all. This philosophy has guided PVT this far very successfully and will lead us forward for years to come.
The Operator is responsible for following all NSC regulations regarding this position. The Operator will be responsible for taking part in daily pre-trips and assessments prior to starting every job. The Operator must always follow all Standard Work Procedures (SWP) and will always discuss with their supervisor if they are unable to follow procedure.
The Operator is responsible for transporting bulk sand to and from different locations while complying with all TDG regulation. The Operator is responsible for minor maintenance of the unit they are operating, including greasing of the fifth wheel, and maintaining of the operating fluids.
The Operator is responsible for the daily completion and accuracy of federally required paperwork, as per legislation and company policy. Required documents include, but are not limited to, Daily Driver Logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR’s), Residue Last Contained Forms, Waste Manifests, Permits, Job Hazard Safety Assessments, Daily Field Tickets and Daily Time Sheets.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes part in all pre-job hazard assessments and inspections prior to commencing any job.
- Operates units and associated equipment in a safe, responsible and professional manner.
- Complies with Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.’s Health and Safety Manual.
- Follows and complies with all government legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures federal hours of service are adhered to and that logbooks are completely filled out and handed in for daily and monthly auditing purposes.
- Reports all incidents, accidents and/or near misses, or equipment damage as soon as they happen.
- Wears all required PPE for the task at hand and ensuring that it is maintained and in good repair.
- Completes and submits paperwork as required by dispatch, administration and the safety department in a timely manner.
- Attends safety meeting as required and as able.
- Ensures proper load securement of any hoses, chemical pails, or any other equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for transport, loading and offloading of fluids at different locations.
- Will provide leadership and coaching to subordinates through coaching and mentoring.
- Completes job tasks with personal and public safety as the top priority.
- Other job duties as required, as the above duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of directly related experience
- Class 1 license
- Satisfactory 5-year commercials driver abstract
- Valid safety certifications such as Standard First Aid and H2S, Gas Detection and Oilfield Driver Awareness (ODA) an asset
- Oil field service industry knowledge
- A clear understanding of various tractor trailer units and their operations
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with little supervision
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Strong communication skills and above average work ethic
- Equipment operation
- Leadership skills
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Organization and planning
- Development and continual learning
- Strong communication
- Energy and ability to handle a large workload
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgement
- Ethics and integrity
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Will require travel to other branch locations as well as project sites that require the use of personal protective equipment such as steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat and mandatory hearing protection.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs as well as reaching above shoulder height or below the waist.
- Will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions and job scopes.
- Sitting and/or standing as needed, as well as walking on uneven surfaces for periods throughout the day.
- Some physical labour required.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time hourly position. Standard hours of work will vary. On-call responsibilities will be required on a 24 hour per day basis with the exception of requested and approved time off by a direct supervisor.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you aware this job is in Grande Prairie Alberta?
- Do you have Sand/Grain/Chip/Logging Hauling Experience or something similar? Please Explain
- Do you have Super B experience? How many years?
- Class 1: 3 years (required)
- Class 1 Licence (required)