Job title :
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator / Receptionist. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
Hours of work:
- Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
- Participates in various emergency procedures;
- Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas and checks valuables into the safe;
- Patient registration – admitting duties, arranging escorts for patients, preparing identity armbands, cards and admitting forms;
- Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash;
- Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for admissions and patient count.
Rotating, Days, Evenings, Nights – 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 22:00 to 06:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:00 to 15:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team! Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12, plus
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED) Must be minimum 5 minute typing test.
- Ability to keyboard 45 wpm. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED) Must be minimum 5 minute typing test.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment ((i.e. computer hard and software such as Windows, MS Office etc).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with patients, visitors and employees in an effective manner.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
**Please Note** • We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. • Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.