Soule Creek Lodge is a remote getaway located on the Vancouver Island with panoramic views of the Wild West Coast. With a total of 11 yurts, cabins & suites, our guests find seclusion and serenity on our private 160 acres of pristine wilderness tucked within the Pacheedaht First Nation.
About Soule Creek Lodge
Hi, I’m Robert, the General Business Manager of Soule Creek Lodge. We’re proud of being able to offer a unique hideaway with 360º panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, the Olympic Peninsula, the Juan de Fuca Strait, the West Coast Trail, the San Juan Inlet and the Coastal Mountains. We have been ranked #1 on TripAdvisor 12 years in a row and would love if this tradition continues on.
We are seasonal getaway open during March – October, peaking during the summer months. We are looking for dedicated year-round team members who are passionate about the guest experience and playing in the wilderness.
What you’ll be doing at Soule Creek Lodge as the Operations Manager:
As the Operations Manager, you are the heart of the operations at Soule Creek Lodge. On top of the guest experience, you will be managing the small core full-time team and seasonal staff.
- Customer Operations: Managing bookings and reservations, overseeing housekeeping, + maintenance + kitchen operations, managing dining and food services for guests, and most importantly - delivering on the highest quality of customer service to our guests.
- Business Operations: Developing pricing and promotion strategies, overseeing marketing and social promotions, procurement, and compiling reports.
- People Operations: Managing the team’s schedules, payroll, training + development, and recruitment.
- Finance: Budget management, forecasting, resource procurement, invoicing, AP/AR.
- Grounds: Along with the Grounds Manager and Housekeeping Manager, setting up and shutting down our operations according to our operational seasons.
It would be awesome if you:
- Are a team player who has excellent leadership qualities
- The natural ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Passionate about hospitality and delivering high-quality customer service
- An interest in working remotely and within nature. We are in an area that is often disconnected from the digital world and visited by wildlife such as elk, deer, and bears.
- Have knowledge and/or have the interest in the local and regional’s tourism values to help assist our guests when they visit
Here are some non-negotiables:
- You will need your WHIMIS and Foodsafe Certificate (or the ability to obtain it within 30 days of your start date)
- You will need to be open to a flexible schedule, including working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- You will be working in all-weather conditions with responsibilities both indoors and outdoors, navigating stairs, hills/slopes, forest, unpaved roads, and boardwalks
- You may be lifting up to 50 lbs.
Perks at Soule Creek Lodge
- Accommodation is included with employment
- Daily meals are included with employment
Anticipated start date February 1, 2021
Following the advice of our Canadian health authorities, all recruiting activities will be conducted virtually, for now. However, please note that this position is not a remote-exempt position due to the nature of the responsibilities. We will require the successful candidate to be physically present upon your first day of employment.
Soule Creek lodge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person who requires assistance during the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out. We welcome all backgrounds to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- Port Renfrew, BC (Required)