To create reservations based on individual or group guest requests to secure rooms within the property management system in a prompt, courteous and accurate manner to maximize hotel revenues.
- Follows Hotel Standards when answering the phones and booking hotel rooms.
- Processes guest reservations using Marsha, GXP, Empower, Reservations and Lightspeed for groups and/or individuals.
- Upsells rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilizes yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible.
- Processes revisions, information updates and/or cancellations according to guest reservation requests and upsell where appropriate.
- Provides accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions; email hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as needed.
- Reservations of current rates, rate changes and all promotions: assists Area Reservation Manager with regards to room forecasting.
- Utilize GXP mobile chat timely and to brand standard.
- Participates in Pre-Arrival planning.
- Runs daily reports such as, Arrivals Report, Cancellation Report, etc.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service, sales or Office Administration experience, is preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
May be asked to work overtime.
Job Type: Full-time