Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
As a member of the KRYTON Team, WE OFFER:
- Profit Sharing
- Attractive Salary
- 100% MSP Coverage
- Extended Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Group Travel Incentive
- Company Sponsored Events
- Teambuilding Activities
- Fitness Gym
- Free Parking
- Plus more…
RESEARCH CENTER TECHNICIAN I
A Full Time, Permanent position, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Research Center Technician I is an important role within the R&D team. This role encompasses a broad range of duties and responsibilities, including research, testing and other laboratory duties. Research Center Technicians may be involved in the development of new products and in making improvements to existing products. Research Center Technicians also play a vital role in quality control. The Research Center Technician I is an entry-level role that frequently leads to future advancement within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and execute standard test methods for plastic and hardened properties of concrete and mortars.
- Test results analysis and reporting.
- Testing of production samples for quality control.
- Production of product samples and demonstration materials.
- Sourcing materials and equipment when required.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness in the Research Center
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory setting preferably related to construction lab or construction field setting
- Education: A diploma in Civil/Chemical Engineering Technology. University degree with a major in Civil/Chemistry is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work without close supervision – takes initiative, is responsible, accountable and self-managed
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have the tenacity and perseverance to succeed despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Knowledge and proficiency of computer software and hardware sufficient to perform the job
- Ability to follow defined procedures and document measurement in the laboratory
- Ability to conduct research
- Must be physically able to efficiently perform the required laboratory tasks (see working conditions)
- Required Competencies: Teamwork, Initiative, Fostering Communication, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving, Research, Analysis and Assessment
If you are driven to succeed, please click "Apply Now" to submit your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- laboratory setting: 1 year (Preferred)