Do you want a rewarding and challenging career helping young people? Do you enjoy working with others and in a team environment? If so Elk Island Child & Youth Ranch is currently looking for Youth Workers for Evening shifts in combination of weekday and weekends (8:30a.m. to 10:30 p.m.) or relief/casual basis. Working with at risk boys aged 10-24 years old.
**Elk Island Child & Youth Ranch is located 40 minutes east of Edmonton, 20 minutes east of Fort Saskatchewan in Lamont, Alberta. Please consider the travel distance before applying.**
Youth Worker staff are responsible for:
- Supervision of youth within both residential and community settings
- Assist youth with schooling, recreation and structured programming as outlined by the treatment team
- Transportation of youth using ranch provided vehicles to appointments, recreational outings and family visits
- Medication Administration to all all youth including documentation
- Professional report writing and documentation of behavior, daily activities
- General Household cleaning and yard maintenance, and meal preparation
- Engaging youth in a healthy lifestyle through physical activities, as well as indoor activities such as board games, puzzles, etc.
- Providing direction and guidance through role modelling, verbal redirection, physical redirection and use of consequences as needed
- Follow through of individual treatment plans designed in collaboration with the treatment team with the use of behavior modification, solution focused counselling, applied behavior analysis, youth centered practice and other such models that support change and growth
**Training is provided that includes: **
- Probationary Training
- Non Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Aboriginal Awareness
- First Aid and CPR
- Medication Delivery
- Suicide Awareness
- FASD training
- Trauma Training
You will be working with youth who have FASD, ADHD, Conduct Disorder, Mental Health Concerns and Developmental Delays in correlation and collaboration with an on-site Therapist, Children Service Workers, Medical Professionals and the Treatment Team.
Starting wage is based on experience and position. Benefits available after 3 months (Medical and Dental). RRSP Program after one year of employment.
Please feel free to contact Elk Island Child & Youth Ranch if you have any questions.
Please indicate the position you are applying for when sending your resume and cover letter. If possible send along with your resume a clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention Records Check, this will allow us to speed up the hiring process:
Elk Island Child & Youth Ranch
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.elkislandranch.ca for more information about our facility and treatment program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 to $57,000.00 /year
- working with children or youth: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- CPR First Aid Level C (Preferred)
- Clear Child Intervention Check (Preferred)
- Crisis Intervention (Preferred)
- Suicide Intervention (Preferred)
- Valid Class 5 license (Preferred)
- Clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sections (Preferred)