Casa Toronto/Casa Vancouver is a young and growing company with its head office located at Yonge and St Clair in Toronto. We provide memorable accommodation experience to international students visiting Toronto and Vancouver. We have placed over 10,000 students from more than 27 different countries in our 3 distinct accommodation options. We strive to provide quality accommodation options at a great price with excellent customer service. We are seeking a full time Homestay Coordinator. To learn more about Casa Toronto/ Casa Vancouver visit our website.
- Coordinate and manage all bookings for homestay
- Create high volume, comprehensive, timely and accurate payment reports twice a month for processing
- Respond promptly and professionally to student, agent and host requests and challenges, resolving any issues in a courteous, respectful, helpful and efficient manner to ensure student, agent and host satisfaction
- Complete homestay inspections for each homestay: new hosts and ongoing maintenance
- Market homestay hosting program
- Develop and grow the stable and array of homestay hosts, ensuring standards met
- Prepare and process initial host set up including police check, photographs, contract signing, profile creation and direct deposit set up.
- Share responsibility for holding and responding to after-hours Emergency Line.
- Maintain and build relationships with homestay hosts
- Continuous maintenance of homestay standards including inspections, updated police checks, complaint follow up and resolution
- Collaborate in department strategy creation and implementation of continuous improvement
- Lead and support assistant
- Coordinate student move
- Respond to direct sales for the department as needed
- Respond to general inquiries as requested
- Share in answering main office phone line as needed
- Other duties as assigned, as a supportive member of the Casa Toronto team
- 5 years of experience providing excellent customer service
- 5 years direct work experience in Homestay Industry
- Experience in the Educational/ Accommodation Industry in Canada
- Experience working with international students
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in hospitality or related field
- Ability to listen, empathize and interpret the needs of students, agents and hosts and offer appropriate options, solutions and resolutions required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for working with people
- Excellent organization, time management and administrative skills
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Self-managing skills to be able to work independently, and to reasonably assess need for escalation
- Comfortable with prioritizing and juggling multiple tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
- Positive attitude and a quick learner
- Dedicated team player
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of office hours
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Nice to have:
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience staying in a homestay as an international student
- Experience as a homestay host
- Competitive Pay
- Group Benefits
- Gym Pass
- Flex hours and flexibility to work from home as needed
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Work hours include evenings and weekends.
- No phone calls please.
- To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume asap.
- In cover letter please include: highlights of your qualifications that make you a strong candidate, based on our job posting listing requirements.
- We thank all applicants in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time